Accessing the 1973-2011 SEER Data
The 1973-2011 SEER Research Data are available in the binary format required by the SEER*Stat software and in an ASCII text format that can be analyzed with your own statistical software. The data and SEER*Stat software are available using three methods:
- Use SEER*Stat to access the data through your Internet connection (SEER*Stat's client-server mode). This is the most common method for accessing the SEER Data.
- Download compressed files from the Internet containing the same contents as the DVDs. SEER*Stat, the binary data, and the text data are available for download.
- Have a DVD containing the data and SEER*Stat software shipped to you. The data can be accessed and the software can be run from the DVD. This will contain SEER*Stat, and the binary and text versions of the data.
These are described in more detail in Options for Accessing the Data and SEER*Stat Software.
Datasets Included by Access Method
All Access Options (Client-server mode, DVD, and Compressed Data Files):
- US Mortality
- Previous submissions of SEER data
- Incidence with SEER Delay Factors
- US Populations
- Specialized SEER*Stat Datasets
- Automatic SEER*Stat software updates
Compressed Data Files Only:
- ASCII text version of the SEER 1973-2011 data
SEER Research Data Agreement
A signed SEER Research Data Agreement form is required to access the SEER data. Once you have determined if you want to access the data via the Internet or receive a DVD, please submit a request for access to the data and SEER*Stat software. A personalized SEER Research Data Agreement will be created for you. The SEER program will process your request within 2 business days of receiving your signed agreement.
You may review the language of the SEER Research Data Agreement in the sample agreement form (this cannot be used to request data).
Please send questions or comments to: firstname.lastname@example.org.