Documentation for the ASCII Text Data Files
Registration is not required to download the documentation.
- TextData.Readme.txt [TXT - 8 KB] - a list and description of the ASCII text data files.
- SEER Research Data Record Description [PDF - 1.2 MB] - data dictionary for 1973-2011 SEER incidence data files
- Data Dictionary for the Population Data Files - variable locations, file formats, and codes
- Population Estimates Used in SEER*Stat - methodologic discussion
- SEER Extent of Disease 1988 [PDF - 656 KB] - codes and coding instructions
- SEER Site Recode ICD-O-3
- International Classification of Childhood Cancer (ICCC)
- Primary Sites for which SEER Requires Laterality Information [PDF - 27 KB]
- County Codes [PDF - 103 KB]
- SEER Geo-Codes for Coding Place of Birth [PDF - 47 KB]
- Site-Specific Surgery Codes:
- Race and Ethnicity Variable Changes
- Localized/Regional/Distant Stage Adjustment (SEER Historic and Summary stage variables)
- SEER Metadata - contains documentation meeting Federal Geographic Data Committee (FGDC) standards.
Please send questions or comments to: email@example.com